Drug: Vedolizumab Placebo / The matching placebo to vedolizumab (Vedolizumab Placebo) will be administered IV.
- history of psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis; any other inflammatory skin disorders
requiring oral corticosteroids, immunosuppressants, or biological therapy within the
previous year; or primary sclerosing cholangitis
- history of cancer as defined by the protocol
- significant uncontrolled comorbidity, such as cardiac, pulmonary, renal, hepatic,
endocrine, or gastrointestinal disorders (excluding uc)
- prior extensive colonic resection, subtotal or total colectomy, or proctocolectomy, or
planned surgery for uc
- diagnosis of indeterminate colitis or granulomatous (crohn's) colitis or toxic
megacolon within 12 months prior to screening
- suspicion of ischemic colitis, radiation colitis, or microscopic colitis
- current fistula or history of fistula, pericolonic abscess and stricture (stenosis) of
- history or current evidence of unresectable colonic mucosal dysplasia or history of
high-grade colonic mucosal dysplasia
- prior treatment with uttr1147a
- prior treatment with vedolizumab, etrolizumab, natalizumab, efalizumab, or any other
- prior treatment with rituximab
- use of prohibited therapies, as defined by the protocol, prior to randomization
- congenital or acquired immune deficiency
- evidence or treatment of infections or history of infections, as defined by the
As you embark on your clinical trial journey, you may be asking: What happens before the drug gets tested in humans? What is a clinical trial? How come some clinical trials have few participants and some have hundreds or...
AMY ROCHFORD - DEC 27, 2018
Clinical trials is a term that many people have heard, but not enough seem to know about. Conducted to collect data about the efficiency and safety of a potential new treatment option, clinical trials are multi-level processes...
CLINICAL TRIALS - NOV 20, 2018
I have always been someone that loves to volunteer and help the local community. I have participated in food drives, given back to the local animal shelter and volunteered at my local ambulance corp. Volunteers are apart of our everyday life, but they seem to be somewhat easily forgotten about. Think about it. You don’t often think about an EMT or volunteer firefighter...
FRANCESCA DOMINIANNI - JUNE 5, 2019
So you call an Uber, you see your driver has a low rating, do you really want to get in the car or are you now feeling skeptical? Or picture this- you are going on a weekend trip with your friends you haven’t seen in years and you want to pick the best restaurants in the area...
FRANCESCA DOMINIANNI - APR 19, 2019
The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.